Our skin is the largest organ of our body, what you put on it is absorbed directly into the bloodstream. As most of us knew that a lot of commercial skincare contain fragrances, detergents, carcinogens, dyes and preservatives; and I am sure nobody want these harmful ingredients go into our body. Fortunately we can make our own organic body lotions from natural products that do not contain chemicals and good for skin.
Here is going to show you how to make homemade organic body lotion from natural ingredients, no chemicals and preservatives. Homemade lotions can be kept at room temperature for about 3 months. You will find making your own homemade lotion is fun, rewarding, easy and your skin will love you for it.
What you need
- Mixer or food processor
- Double Boiler
- Heat-resistant glass measuring cup
- Glass Bowl
- Lotion containers
(a) Coconut Vanilla Body Lotion
Coconut oil can prevent sunburn and block harmful ultraviolet rays. Vanilla fragrance benefit to reduce stress and anxiety. These two ingredients are perfectly matched in a homemade lotion formula.
- 1/2 cup sweet Almond oil
- 2 teaspoon shea butter
- 2 oz beeswax
- 4 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Place all ingredients except vanilla essence in a double boiler over medium heating.
- Stir the mixture until they melt and mixed well .
- Remove the mixture from heat and add vanilla essence and stir.
- Transfer the lotion to a container and wait until it cool (reaches room temperature)
(b) Lavender and Aloe Vera Body Lotion
This homemade lotion contains ingredients that help protect, soften, nourish, heal, and restore the skin. We use lavender essential oils in the formula, not only because of its benefits to the skin and ability to relieve stress and anxiety, but also because of its fragrance.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup Aloe Vera gel
- 1 cup almond oil
- 1/2 oz. beeswax
- 2 teaspoons lavender essential oil
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil
- Place coconut oil, almond oil and beeswax in a heat-resistant glass measuring cup, microwave heating for 30 seconds or until completely melted, stir evenly. Set aside.
- Put Aloe Vera gel and vitamin E oil into a blender or food processor. Run the blender at medium and low speed, then pour in the melted oil.
- With the mixing of oil, the cream will turn white. Once you have the same consistency as mayonnaise, stop the motor and add lavender essential oils. Mix evenly.
- Transfer the lotion to a container while still warm, as it will quickly thicken.
(c) Rosemary Mint Body Lotion
This a silky moisturizer that nourishes with the aromas of rosemary and mint. Gives the skin a cool, refreshing feeling, so that the skin is tender, soothes your skin with mind and body invigorating aroma.
- 4 oz. shea butter
- 2 oz. cocoa butter
- ½ cup nutmeg oil
- 10 drops peppermint essential oil
- 20 drops rosemary essential oil
- Put cocoa butter, shea butter and nutmeg oil to the double boiler. Melt these ingredients over low heat and stir for about 5 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool at room temperature for about 10 minutes.
- Put the mixture in the fridge for 20 minutes and take it out.
- Blend mixture with a whisk attachment for about 5 minutes, then put it back in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and continue whisking until it begins to become creamy, then add in peppermint and rosemary essential oils and mix well.
- Transfer the lotion into container and store it at room temperature.
(d) Calendula and Chamomile Body Lotion
Calendula is an amazing skin re generator while Chamomile shares a lot of its soothing, calming and anti-inflammatory properties. The combine of these two plant flowers provide great natural benefits to our skin.
- 6 tablespoons Calendula oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Aloe Vera gel
- 10 drops Chamomile essential oil
- Boil Calendula oil in double boiler over low heat. Then add honey and stir well.
- Add in Aloe Vera gel. Whipping to mix.
- Add in Chamomile essential oil.
- Transfer the lotion in a container and store it in room temperature.
(e) Cocoa Butter Body Lotion
- 2 tablespoons cocoa butter
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons beeswax
- 1/4 cup almond oil
- 5 drops vitamin E oil
- Put all the ingredients together in a double boiler, and then melt in over lower heat.
- Wait until the ingredients fully melted and at the same time stirring the mixture until well mixed.
- Pour the melted mixture into the container.
- Transfer it to container and let it cool at room temperature.