It’s most important to moisturize the skin on our bodies—the skin is much thicker there than on the face, and it has far less naturally moisturizing oil glands, so it tends to dry out much more quickly. Be sure to use a body lotion or cream on a daily basis and a moisturizing scrub regularly!
How to DIY Homemade Body Lotions
What you need
- Mixer or food processor
- Double Boiler
- Heat-resistant glass measuring cup
- Glass Bowl
- Lotion containers
(a) Shea Butter and Tea Tree Body Lotion
- 4 oz. shea butter
- 2 tablespoons jojoba oil
- 10 drops carrot seed oil
- 15 drops tea tree essential oil
- Put the shea butter in a double boiler to melt it over medium-low heat. Add jojoba oil and stir well.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and sit for cool to room temperature. Bring and place it in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer. Now what you get is a mixture in slight solid form but not too hard.
- Add tea tree essential oil and carrot seed oil. Whip the mixture until soft and looks like buttery whip cream by using a whisk.
- Transfer the lotion to container
(b) Pumpkin and Shea Butter Body Lotion
- 8 oz. shea butter
- 2 cups coconut oil
- 20 drops Pumpkin Spice fragrance oil
- Put the shea butter and coconut oil together in double boiler and melt them over low heat.
- Remove from heat. Add pumpkin spice fragrance oil and whip to mix well.
- Transfer to container and let it sit for cool.
(c) Lemon Cream Body Lotion
- 1/4 cup cacao butter
- 12 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 Teaspoon lemon essential oil
- 2 Tablespoon vitamin E oil
- Place coconut oil and cocoa butter in a double boiler and heat it over low heat until melted.
- Remove the mixture from heat. Now add in vitamin E oil and lemon essential oil, stir till well mixed.
- Let the mixture sit for cool at room temperature for two hours until the mixture turn solid form.
- Transfer to a clean container.
(d) Cranberry Body Lotion
- 1 tablespoon shea butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon cranberry paste
- 1 drop orange essential oil
- Mix completely the coconut oil and shea butter in a glass bowl.
- Add cranberry paste to the oil mixture. Place the mixture in a fine mesh sieve and press it through with a spatula to filter the small pieces of cranberries out.
- Add orange essential oils and gently stir.
- Transfer the mixture to the container.
(e) Almond Honey Body Lotion
- 1/4 cup sweet almond oil
- 5 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon beeswax
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 5 drops rose essential oil
- Pour all the ingredients except rose essential oil into a double boiler, heat over low heat.
- When the ingredients are melting, stir to mix the ingredients together.
- Add rose essential oil and stir evenly.
- Remove from heat and set it cool for 30 minutes or until it starts to harden.
- Move the lotion into the container with a spatula.
(f) Almond-Rose Body Lotion
This super moisturizing lotion not only deeply nourishes but also helps your skin retain moisture all day long. The luxurious rose fragrance makes you feel pampered and beautiful. This is another recipe that makes a great gift when it’s packaged in a pretty glass jar.
- 3 / 4 cup of sweet almond oil
- 2 tbsp of beeswax
- 1 cup of water with rose petal
- 30 drops of rose essential oil
- Place sweet almond oil and beeswax in a double boiler over low to medium heat until the beeswax liquefies. Remember do not overheat the mixture.
- Pour the rose water into a blender and put the lid on but keep the hole for pouring in liquids open. Start blending on high and then slowly pour the oil combo into the blender through the lid hole. Once the mixture thickens, stop blending and stir in the rose essential oil.
- For best results, slather this luxurious lotion on right after you step out of the shower.