Some people do not like to use fresh flower to decorate or as accessory due to its nature of not long lasting. For that reason here show you a great alternative to a traditional flower crown, which faux flower headband is as elegant accessory as fresh lower crown and it is easy to wear.
Materials and Tools:
- 5-7 fake flowers
- 1-2 feet of florist tape
- 2-3 feet of florist wires
- a headband that matches the color of the hair
- Cut the stems from each artificial flower and for each one cut the florist wire of 4 to 6 inches.
- Start creating a pliable wire stem for your first artificial flower by threading a 4 to 6 inch florist wire through the center.
- Fold the florist wire in half and pull the end toward the bottom of the flower.
- Put the two ends of the florist wire together.
- Tighten with twist the two strands of florist wire tightly together, eventually forming a wire stem for bloom.
- Repeat steps 2-5 for each flower until they are all fixed on wire stems.
- Put the base of the first flower against the top and center of the headband.
- Start fixing the flower to the headpiece by twisting the wire stem around the headband from left to right.
- Continue in placing the second flower next to the first flower and repeat step 8.
- Continue to place each flower on the headband and secure it with a wire stem.
- Once all the flowers are attached, the inside of your headband should be like the next photo.
- In order to hide the messy florist wire and prevent it from pulling the hair, use the florist tape to wrap the base of the headband around the part where the flowers have been placed.