Gardening is a good way to relax your mind, but after dirty your hand, you need a good hand scrub to remove dirt, grime, and plant oils from hand. Here will show you a handmade hand scrub recipe, which most of the ingredients are from natural include rosemary, lemon, and olive oil. Each of the ingredient benefits the skin and senses.
- Lemon zest (1 lemon)
- 2 sprigs rosemary, chopped
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- ¼ cup dish soap
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 drops of clary sage essential oil (optional)
- Add sugar to the lemon zest and chopped rosemary, mix them well. The lemon zest has natural oils that can gently cleanse the skin, the rosemary has antibacterial benefits, and the sugar exfoliates and moisturises.
- Add castile soap and olive oil together and stir until forms a paste. Soap removes stubborn residues, and olive oil moisturises the body.
- Add 10 drops of clary sage essential oil to the mixture, which clary sage is a natural disinfectant. You can also use tea tree oil for your choice, which helps to heal, or peppermint essential oils to add a soothing tingle.
- The scrub is best stored in a seal-able glass container. It is safe to keep in container for daily use, but advisable used up within a week; so try to make only small batches of scrub every week. Use the hand scrub regularly and you will soon find that your homemade gardener’s hand scrub adds soothing relief to the working hand.