Toner is liquid agents used to remove cleanser residue on your face, balance the skin pH, and moisturize the skin. Some are effectively remove excess perspiration and oil.
Here we display the recipes that are targeting on oily skin.
Homemade Face Toner for Oily Skin
a.) Kaolin Astringent Toner
Many of the ingredients in this formula, such as tea tree oil and witch hazel, contribute to its astringent effect. Kaolin is also named china clay, is used in toner as agent to draw oils and toxins away from the skin surface. Tea tree oil is also an antiseptic, which helps limit bacterial proliferation. Wheat germ is extremely nourishing and provides anti-aging benefits; it is added as a powder to keep the formula oil free. This wholesome formula is excellent for oily skin that needs cleaning, astringency, and nourishment.
- 1 tsp of white kaolin
- 1 tsp of wheat germ powder
- ½ cup of witch hazel water
- 10 drops (0.5 ml) of tea tree essential oil
- Prepare a clean bowl, place the kaolin and wheat germ and mix well. Add this mixture to the witch hazel slowly, stirring and make sure your ingredients are well blended. Finally add the tea tree oil; mix well and transfer to a bottle.
- Shake well before each application. Saturate a cotton ball or pad and apply the astringent to the face, neck, chest, shoulders, or back. Avoid the eye area. Do not rub, because excessive rubbing might stimulate the sebaceous glands and lead to more oily secretions.
- Use every morning during breakouts.
b.) Black Tea Toner
This formula is concocted with very basic ingredients that provide remarkable benefits. Black tea acts as an astringent in this formula, which makes it a wonderful choice for oily skin, reducing sebum production and tightening pores. Lemon juice helps improve the appearance of blemishes, and the little amount of rubbing alcohol from cologne reduces bacterial proliferation and helps clear skin.
- ½ cup of hot water
- 1 tea bag or 1 tbsp of loose black tea
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of baby cologne
- Prepare a clean cup and place the tea inside, pour hot water over the tea. Cover and leave for 30 minutes.
- Remove the tea bag and squeeze excess liquid from it, or strain the loose tea if used. Add lemon juice and set aside about 30 minutes to cool.
- Add cologne and transfer the mixture to a bottle, and shake vigorously.
- Saturate a cotton ball or pad and roll it over the face and neck every evening.
- Daily use of sunscreen is strongly advised, as this recipe can increase photosensitive.
c. ) Tea Tree Oil Toner
This complete formula is specifically suitable for acne-prone skin. It incorporates multiple ingredients that work together for maximum sebum control (tea tree oil, neroli water, and hazelnut oil) while providing moisture (glycerin and aloe vera) and wholesome nutrients (royal jelly). This is a wonderfully scented toner whose uplifting bright fragrance you can enjoy while taming breakouts.
- 2 oz (60 ml) of aloe vera juice
- 1 tsp of royal jelly
- 2 oz (60 ml) of orange blossom water
- 1 tsp of apple cider
- 1 tsp of vegetable glycerin
- 10 drops (0.5 ml) of tea tree essential oil
- 1 tsp of hazelnut oil
- Prepare a clean bowl, combine the aloe vera juice and the royal jelly, whisking to dissolve the jelly. Add the orange blossom water into the bowl, continue to whisk. Add the apple cider and glycerin, and whisk again until all the ingredients mixed.
- Prepare another small bowl, and mix the tea tree oil to the hazelnut oil. Then add to the first mixture, whisking continuously until well blended. Transfer to a bottle and shake vigorously to disperse the essential oil.
- Always shake the bottle before using to disperse the oils. Apply with a cotton ball on your face, chest, and upper back, preferably at bedtime. Rinse after 5 minutes.
- Daily use of sunscreen is always recommended.
d.) Apple Cider for Acne-Prone Skin
Apple cider able to remove dead cells on your skin due to it’s acidic nature, and vitamin C of lemon juice in this formula helps in brightening skin. Lemon contains powerful antioxidant property that able to reduce wrinkles, and helps in giving more youthful look. Together with the other ingredients like witch hazel and neroli, they help to reduce oily secretions and provide you with a brighter and glowing skin.
- 1 tsp of honey
- ½ cup of water
- 2 oz (60 ml) of witch hazel water
- 2 oz (60 ml) of neroli hydrosol
- 1 tsp of glycerin
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of apple cider
1. Prepare ½ cup of water and add the honey stir to dissolve. Add the rest of ingredients one at a time, mixing continuously and at the end make sure all ingredients mixed well. Transfer to a bottle.
2. Shake well the bottle each time before using. Pour the toner to cotton ball, apply to neck and face at the bedtime.