This page show you some simple homemade shampoo recipes you can make right in your own kitchen. You can find the ingredients in the local supermarket, natural stores, and even online. What do you say to make shampoo at home? I say let’s get started.
The main ingredient of this shampoo is honey that will give your colored hair a healthy look. And, there’s no need to worry about the color washing out.
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 cup vinegar
- 5 cups warm filtered water
- Prepare a clean bowl, pour all the ingredients into it and stir until combined.
- Transfer the mixture into a bottle with a lid.
- When you are ready to wash hair, wet hair with warm water and apply a small amount of shampoo.
Work shampoo through hair then rinse with warm water.
Shampoo as normal there is no need to worry about the color fading.
Cinnamon Dry shampoo For Dark hair
I must say this is another great DIY dry shampoo. I have gone 4 days without washing my hair, and it looks good. The other plus is this shampoo smells like cinnamon.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon oil.
- 1 old salt shaker
- In a small bowl, add the cornstarch and cinnamon oil.
- Stir for 1 minute to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a salt shaker and sprinkle on to hair.
- Using your fingertips, work the mixture into the hair from the roots to the tips.
- Now, use a comb to make sure the mixture is worked into the hair.
Coconut Milk shampoo
I really enjoy the smell of this shampoo. It’s like having the Hawaiian Islands in my bathroom.
- 1/2 cup baby shampoo
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut essential oil
- In a bottle, add the milk and both oils, then close the lid and shake for 10 seconds.
- Add the remaining ingredients and shake for 20 seconds more.
- Wet hair and add a dime size of shampoo.
- Lather and then rinse with warm water.
Gently shake shampoo before each use to remix the oils. Store in the bathroom for up to two weeks.