There could be few reasons causing the oily hair, but most common reasons is caused by either using too much shampoo or using a shampoo that is too harsh for your scalp. Some other causes can be your eating habit like unbalanced diet or eating food products that you are allergic to. The oily hair could also be caused by stress and can even occur due to certain weather conditions.
Whatever the cause, oily hair can make styling a real chore! Not only that, but as anyone who has suffered from this condition will be able to tell you, having oily hair can be a massive confidence drain. Greasy hair oftentimes has a messy or “dirty” look to it which can cause major embarrassment and leave you feeling far less than your best.
If you are suffering from oily, greasy hair, make sure that you give these natural shampoos a try!
Make Your Own Shampoos
1.) Greeny Tea Shampoo
This is very mild and gentle shampoo, so that it is great for persons who have sensitive scalp and oily hair. It also lathers well, meaning you’ll really be able to coat your hair thoroughly to get rid of that icky grease!
- 10 drops of tea tree oil
- 2 tsp of green tea, brewed strongly
- 1 tbsp liquid castile soap
- 1 tbsp green clay
- Prepare a bowl and pour all the ingredients to mix together.
- Gently stir the mixture until it turns a muddy green color.
How to Use:
- Massage well into your hair and scalp until bubbly.
- Rinse well with cool water.
2.) Avocado Rebalance Shampoo
Avocado oil in this recipe helps re-balancing the production of natural oils from the scalp. This is greatly effective for those whose hair tends to be greasy.
- ¼ cup of avocado oil
- 120g of castile flakes
- ¼ gallon of water (boiled)
- Prepare a large bowl which is heat-proof, and put the flakes.
- Pour the boiled water over the flakes, stir to thoroughly melt.
- Set to cool and add the avocado oil. Stir to mix well.
- Transfer the mixture into a suitable container.
How to Use:
- Use as you would a regular shampoo. After that rinse with cool water.
3.) Lemon and Aloe Shampoo
Aloe Vera has been known since ancient times as the “flower of the desert”, it is one of the best natural products that helping in healthy hair growth and preventing hair from becoming excessively oily. Lemons are rich in vitamin C that adding shine to your hair and also help in hair grows by boosting the production of collagen. The natural scent of lemon leaving you feeling refreshed and relaxed after use!
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp of aloe vera gel
- ½ cup of liquid castile soap
- Prepare a container and pour the liquid castile soap in.
- Add to combine the rest of the ingredients.
- Close the lid and shake container until the ingredients are mixed well.
How to Use:
- Use as you would a regular shampoo and rinse with cool water after.